Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. List seven things you LOVE
3. Link to seven blogs and let them know you have an award waiting for them on your blog.
Seven Things I Love:
(I’m going to follow Jessica and not list my husband or children or the Lord, although these are the VERY most important things and loves of my life!)
1) I love spring. It’s my favorite time of year. The long winter ends and new life begins. The snow melts and the flowers pop up. It gets warmer and you get to think about the wonderful summer ahead, vacations, trips to the mountains, family time, all sorts of wonderful things.
2) I love animals. I’m sure that one doesn’t surprise any of you who know me. At one point, I had opened a small rescue in my home where I took in unwanted small animals – guinea pigs, bunnies, hedgehogs, etc. When I’m older and the kids are grown, I picture myself actively helping with a pug rescue or something like that.
3) I love medical “stuff.” I watch all sorts of TLC & Discovery Health Channel shows. I love that kind of thing and always have. When I was little, I wanted to be a doctor. I think if I ever went back to school, I would become a nurse.
4) I love horror movies. I know it’s really weird for me to say that. But I do. My old best friend got me hooked on them when I was 18/19 living in Ohio with my dad. Nate was back home in NH and at school in NY and I was missing him terribly. You just can’t do romantic movies in that kind of situation, so we watched horror movies. Things like Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, etc. Now that I’m getting older, some are a little too much for me. I might have to sell my Saw collection because that’s just not as appealing anymore. But I still love a good screamfest.
5) I love living in New Hampshire. I really wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. Sure the cost of living is rather expensive, but it’s worth it to me. We have gorgeous mountains, the ocean, and huge cities like Boston not far away. It’s truly a beautiful part of the country and I am so blessed that we live here. Yes our winters are cold and long but the snow is beautiful too. When you ask most people, they would prefer to live somewhere else than their current location. But I’m already there. It’s wonderful.
6) I love theme parks and roller coasters. My husband got me hooked on them. They also terrify me but once I ride on one, it’s such a thrill and I’m glad I did it. Not that we get to theme parks very often and my goodness are they expensive, but they are fun!
7) I love my friends. Especially my new best friend, Melissa. Yep I said it. I haven’t even known her for very long and I already consider her my best friend. (Is that so very pitiful?) She is such a blessing to me and I am so thankful the Lord brought us together. I feel like we are “kindred spirits” as Anne of Green Gables would say.
1) Renee at Life With My Special K’s
2) Meghan at Our Journey Through Toddlerhood
3) Erika at Fun Finns
4) “Burkalator” at It’s Time for the Burkalator (sorry I am embarrassed to say I’m not sure what your name is, but I do love your blog!)
5) Marie at Elijah Nathaniel Douglas
6) Kristy at Waiting for Happy
7) Adrienne at Another Ordinary Miracle