This is a guest post from Kandi, who blogs at Gluten Free for Jen.
In our house, eating healthy is important. We are also a mixed house in the sense that two of us have Gluten Intolerance and two of us do not. So I try to create meals that are safe for my daughter and I buy something my husband and son will love. I do a lot of natural cooking; we eat a lot of things that are naturally gluten free, like fresh meat and fresh veggies and fruits.
Today I wanted to share with you a recipe I came across and fell in love with: Baked Salmon with Orange Glaze. I’ve altered it to my family’s liking and the results are mouth-wateringly delicious!
This recipe for Baked Salmon with Orange Glaze is easy to make and budget friendly, as long as you purchase the salmon while it is on sale. I personally prefer wild-caught salmon (you can read more about wild-caught vs farm raised salmon).
- 1 lb salmon fillets (about 4 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons ginger marmalade (or orange marmalade)
- 1 orange, zested, sectioned and cut up
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place the fillets skin side down in a greased baking dish. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a saucepan and saute the garlic until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the marmalade, zested orange and sliced orange pieces. Cook and stir until well heated.
- Spoon over the baked salmon and serve.
- Serve with rice (hint: sprinkle with a bit of thyme!)
About Me: My name is Kandi and I am the writer/owner of the blog Gluten Free for Jen. My daughter and I found out about our food allergy in May 2011. In December 2011 I wanted to share my adventures with other moms. I created Gluten Free for Jen to share natural, healthy and budget friendly recipes, craft ideas, saving tips, and information about Gluten Intolerance and Celiac. It was also created as my sounding board while my husband was away training for our State Law Enforcement Agencies (he was gone for 6 months) so there is a lot of misc ramblings from a stay at home mom.