Now that the holiday season is over, we’re into the winter months. Here in New Hampshire, it’s cold outside and that means my kids are inside. So this mom has to find some ideas to keep their little hands and minds occupied.
Crafts and art projects are a great way to keep children busy and encourage them with creativity. Here’s a fun list of 15 winter crafts for kids the whole family will enjoy.
From super simple free printable games to pin the tail on the snowman and adorable crafty owls, there’s something for everyone here from preschoolers all the way up to older kids and more crafty moms.
15+ Winter Crafts for Kids:
- Snowflake Glitter Slime – Living Well Mom
- Snowman Jar Craft – All Kids Network
- Paper Snowflake Art Quilts – B-Inspired Mama
- Winter iSpy for Kids – Living Well Mom
- Winter Craft: Upcycled Penguins – Diary of a Working Mom
- Kid-Made Doorbells – Martha Stewart
- Pin the Nose on the Snowman – Living Well Mom
- Pine Cone Skier – Twig and Toadstool
- Q-Tip Snowflakes – Easy Crafts for Kids
- Marshmallow Snowman – Happy Home Fairy
- Paint Stick Snowmen – Crafts by Amanda
- Winter Scene Playdough Mats (free printable) – Living Well Mom
- Puffy Snowflakes – Inner Child Fun
- Doily Snowmen – Happy Holidays House
- Tissue Paper Snowflakes – Happy Hooligans
- Pinecone Winter Owls Craft – Easy Peasy and Fun
- Winter Mitten Crafts for Preschoolers – Housing a Forest
- Pom Pom Hot Cocoa Mug Craft for Kids – Crafty Morning
I want to try all of these with my kids, but our first project will have to be the Puffy Snowflakes – they look so easy and fun! And of course, the snowmen are all adorable, with my favorite being the Snowman Jar Craft. What a great idea!