Disclosure: I’m a Lean Cuisine sponsored partner, but all ideas here are my own.
Do you ever feel judged for the way you look? Maybe you’re one of the rare few who look fantastic all the time and are confident in your appearance. But you’re probably like me and millions of other women who sometimes feel insecure about the way we look. And for some of us, that insecurity can rob us of happiness.
Especially now days, there is SO much emphasis on beauty and weight and impossible standards for what we should look like. It’s no wonder women have body image issues!
Instead of being judged by our appearances, wouldn’t it be great to instead be “weighed” by what really matters?
My four beautiful healthy children are what I’m proud of. After I had each of my babies, I was so hard on myself and there were times I didn’t want to leave my house because I hated the way I looked. But that is so sad – I had just had a beautiful baby and that is such a huge deal!
I’ve had a lot of insecurity with my appearance over the past couple years too because I gained some weight due to health issues (I have hypothryoid.)
But I’ve finally started realizing that I need to appreciate who I am for me. And I am always my own worst critic and it’s time to stop being so hard on myself.
Do you do it too?
In recent months, I’ve finally started gaining more confidence in who I am as a person. And as a mother. I adore my children and while I’m far from perfect, I know deep in my heart that I am a good mom and that my children are happy, healthy, and well loved.
But I’m still not very nice to myself at times, like days when I’m too busy to exercise. Or maybe just too tired! And that’s okay.
I’m taking on a new challenge. Every time I start to think negatively about my weight or that I’m not toned enough, or my hair is too crazy in the humidity, etc., I’m going to stop and think of something I accomplished instead.
Today for example – I haven’t had time to exercise, but instead I took the kids to the dentist, we worked on their new chore system, I made lunch, we went to the library, and I’ve done some writing. And it’s only mid afternoon.
That’s not too shabby.
That’s my challenge for you today, friends. Instead of weighing yourself on how you look, think about all you’ve accomplished. That’s a much better way to look at it, right? And it’s so true!
I came up with a few reasons to remember that you are amazing even when you don’t feel like it:
11 Reasons You are Amazing
- You get up each day and try to make yourself a better person.
- You love your family and will do just about anything for them.
- Even when you fall down, you pick yourself back up and keep going.
- You know how to laugh and smile.
- You try to look on the bright side of things even when there doesn’t seem to be one.
- You care about others.
- You have a special talent that only you have. Maybe you haven’t discovered it yet, but it’s there. Think about something you love to do.
- You’re not perfect and that’s okay. None of us are. But you try to improve and make yourself a better person every day.
- You still have dreams you want to come true.
- You have overcome a hardship (some more than others – we’ve all had tough times) and that has helped to shape the person you are today.
- You are you! There is no one who is you-er than you!
Watch this video from my partner, Lean Cuisine, as they share their message that women should be judged by their accomplishments, not their weight.
“If you’re going to weigh something, weigh what matters.”
What do you wish people would ‘weigh’ you on besides your weight?
1 lucky winner will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
This giveaway ends on July 10th, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.
Open to the US only, ages 18+.
Click here for complete rules and disclosure.
CLOSED: The winner is Christy C!