We’re home from our trip to North Carolina. I learned/remembered a few things:
- Neither Luke nor Joshua will sleep for longer than 20 minutes in the car.
- Luke screaming non-stop is the quickest way to give me a migraine.
- Nathan thinks I’m magic and can “make them stop.” Believe me, I would if I could!
- I have never been so thankful for the ridiculously long Curious George DVD.
- I could use all the hand sanitizer in the world and the kids will still catch the stomach flu.
- 22 month olds don’t like to sit quietly for weddings and will cram pens into “The Holy Bible” until you take them into another room.
- My 9 year old can step up and act very responsibly. I am so proud of Nathan!
- Want a traffic jam? Just take a carsick 3 year old, a green-looking husband who is getting over a stomach bug, a screaming 22 month old, and 7 pm in Connecticut and you’ve got it.
- The last 3 hours of a trip is the longest, but when you get there, it makes home truly the sweetest place.
- We have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world. While it was a long, exhausting trip and it’s great to be home, it was wonderful to see family too. 🙂
Here’s some of my favorite photos from the trip:
This is very true:
Grandpa and Joshua:
Here is Luke and his cousin, Callen. They are only one day apart! The photo’s a little blurry but it’s too cute not to share. 🙂
Here is my adorable nephew, Josiah – he is four:
Unfortunately I didn’t get any good photos of his sister, sweet Elianah. I planned to get more pictures over the weekend after the wedding craziness had settled down, but that’s when my kids got sick so that threw a big wrench in those plans. 🙁
But back to the wedding….
Here is James and his beautiful bride, Danielle. Congratulations, James & Danielle!
At the reception later…
Mom with Audrey:
Nathan, Emily, & Elianah waiting patiently to dance:
On Sunday with Aunt Paige – Paige is Nate’s youngest sister – and Diesel, the cocker spaniel too:
Emily with Aunt Paige – I think they look a lot alike here, don’t you?
Nate and Paige:
So yes, it’s good to be home. But it was wonderful to see family too…. 🙂