This easy homemade playdough for Christmas takes just 5 minutes and 6 simple ingredients to make! It’s a perfect homemade Christmas gift or stocking stuffer that kids will love!
- Mix the flour, salt, and cream of tartar together in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Add the water, oil, and peppermint extract to the flour mixture.
- Turn on the burner to medium/low heat and stir.
- Keep stirring until the mixture starts feeling a little more solid. You can tell when it starts separating a little at the bottom of the pan. This could take anywhere from 20 seconds to 2-3 minutes, depending on how hot your stove is.
- Add the food coloring right away. The playdough begins to solidify quickly from here, so it’s easiest to mix the food coloring in just before that point.
- Now dump the ball of playdough onto a plate or piece of waxed paper to cool. It won’t be super hot, but I usually let it cool for about 5 minutes before kneading it to get any lumps or food coloring mixed in completely.