- changed 5 poopy diapers and it’s not quite 3 pm
- cleaned up my living room and fixed my couch after Joshua pulled all the stuffing out of one of the couch cushions and after I lost my temper and yelled at him
- just yelled at Nathan & Emily because they were fighting about how Nathan took Emily’s snack bowl “by accident” and Emily had to scream about it.
- just stopped to pray because I knew it wasn’t right to yell at the kids
- remembered that I’m in for a long evening again as it’s Thursday and this is the night Nate has class. He won’t get home until 11 pm.
- changed Luke’s outfit for the second time today because he crawled into the kitchen and got into the dog water bowl. Again. When I wasn’t looking. (I desperately need a new baby gate!)
- changed Luke’s outfit for the third time because he had a poop blow out up his back
- been ready to pull my hair out because I cannot understand what my 2 year old says 3/4 of the time and then he whines and gets terribly frustrated while I sit there clueless
- listened to the dog snoring so loudly and the bird chirping equally loudly until my ears are ringing
- talked to customer service for a company that should not ever call it “customer service” and then tried to forget about how annoyed I am. Is it worth my $20 that they basically stole? Can I even do anything if it was their fault because it was a “glitch in their system” but they refuse to refund me?
- let my kids watch too much tv today because I am exhausted and tired of them bickering.
- put up my Playskool giveaway which I’m very excited about
- looked at my long to do list and wondered what I can delete and forget about. Will that make it go away?
- been planning on baking a couple dozen cupcakes for the karate Halloween Haunted Hike tomorrow. I still haven’t started
- realized it’s been a long time since I’ve written a “Just Me” post and decided to forget my to do list for a few minutes while I do this
- remembered how good it feels to get things written out
- and have been reminded of how blessed I am again as Emily runs up to give me a quick hug because I’m her “special girl, Mommy!” (yes she calls me that – of course I call her that too. And Daddy is her “special boy.” Wait till she’s older and gets her own special boy – I think Daddy will be in for a rude awakening!).
As Joshua comes up to me and says “Hi Mommy” and lovingly rubs his hand on my leg. That I do understand.
As Nathan comes up to hug me and says “I’m sorry I wasn’t very nice yesterday, Mom.”
As Luke crawls over and squeals for me to pick him up. Who can resist baby cuddles?
- finished this post quickly because my two little ones are getting into trouble again…yikes!