The mouthwatering chocolate cake and flavorful real whipped cream frosting are so light, you’ll have a hard time saying no to a second piece of this delicious dessert!
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or sour milk*)
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 cup black coffee
- Beat the egg, oil, buttermilk (or sour milk), Bailey’s Irish Cream, and coffee together.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the liquid mixture.
- Beat together for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and flour 8 or 9″ round cake pans or a 9×13″ pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until tests done. Cool completely.
- Beat all the ingredients together until the cream holds it’s shape and it’s a good frosting consistency. Frost the cake. Sprinkle with the chopped milk chocolate bits if desired.
*To make sour milk, add 2 teaspoons lemon juice to a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to reach the 3/4 mark. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
© Musings From a Stay At Home Mom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this post for the recipe.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 569
- Sugar: 45g
- Sodium: 459mg
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 73mg