Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are moist and deliciously flavored with a perfect combination of banana, vanilla, and mini chocolate chips.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 medium ripe bananas (about 1.5 cups)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat the egg, oil, and sugar until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Add the bananas and vanilla extract and mix well. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the banana mixture just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins three-fourths full. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a covered container.
- *You can mash the bananas first, but I like to throw in whole bananas (or in large pieces.) This leaves a few moist chunks of banana in the batter and the result is an extra burst of banana flavor as the muffins are devoured later.Yum!