This Dairy Free Eggnog recipe is deliciously creamy and even with no refined sugar, it tastes so much better than store bought eggnog! With almond milk and coconut milk, this is as fresh and homemade as it gets! (Paleo friendly too)
- 6 organic eggs, separated
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup*
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl just until stiff.
- If you used a stand mixer, remove the egg whites from the stand mixer bowl into a separate bowl. (Otherwise just set aside and use another large bowl for the next steps.)
- In a large bowl (either your stand mixer bowl or a different bowl), whisk the egg yolks with the maple syrup until thick and creamy. Slowly add the almond milk as you continue to whisk. Then slowly add the coconut milk, again as you whisk. Whisk until the mixture is smooth, then add the vanilla.
- Lastly, gently whisk in the egg whites until your eggnog is nice and smooth.
- Pour into 2 quart-sized mason jars, cover tightlyt, and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until it’s very cold.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, shake up the mason jars well before serving – you could even put your eggnog in the blender and blend for a few seconds to get a nice froth on top.
- Top each glass with a little ground nutmeg.
*You may substitute your favorite natural sweetener, such as honey. However I’ve found that maple syrup provides the best taste.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: homemade eggnog, dairy-free, almond milk, paleo