These homemade shower steamers with essential oils will energize and wake you up on busy mornings! An easy way to use aromatherapy with great benefits!
- 1 1/2 cups corn starch
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 Tablespoon Witch Hazel (I prefer Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel)
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Water – 3 to 4 tablespoons to start, more like a half cup total will be needed
- ice cube tray or silicone molds (I used this one from Amazon)
- medium size bowl
- mixing spoon
- Start by pouring in 1 and 1/2 cup of cornstarch into a medium mixing bowl.
- Then add one tablespoon of witch hazel.
- Then you will add essential oils to this mixture.
- You will want to add 10 drops each of orange, lemon, peppermint, and lavender to your cornstarch mixture. Or as mentioned above, add 30 drops of Eden’s Garden Good Morning Synergy Blend.
- Give it a good stir at this point as it will become more difficult to smoothly stir as we add water. In fact, you should just whisk this mixture so that the oils spread evenly in the corn starch.
- Then if you want some color to your shower melts, add a couple of drops of food coloring.
- Now it is time to add water. Starting with just 3 tablespoons and mix well. It will start as a dry, crumbly mixture. Add water a few drops at a time and mix well. Then a few more drops and mix some more.
- Repeat until you get JUST past the crumbly point and the color is mixed in. If the mixture gets too wet, add a little more corn starch.
- When you are done mixing and playing with the shower melt, go ahead and pour it into your silicone mold.
- Then put it in the freezer for a few hours.
- Once you take them out of the freezer, they will pop right out of the mold. Or you can let them sit for a few days until they are fully dry and then pop them out of the mold.
- After they are out of the mold, you can store them in a jar.