This hearty dinner is healthy, gluten free, and loaded with vegetables and savory seasoning with a light tomato sauce.
- 1.5 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 lb Shady Brook Farms or Honey Suckle White ground turkey
- 2-3 large carrots, chopped thinly
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tablepoon minced garlic
- 1-15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Brown your ground turkey, then drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add a little olive oil to your pan along with the carrots, red pepper, onion, tomato, and garlic. Stir, then add the cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, or until the carrot is somewhat soft. (You can cook longer if you want the carrots completely soft).
- Add the ground turkey, tomato sauce, tomato paste, cooked quinoa, and frozen peas.
- Sir to combine and heat for a few more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- To cook quinoa, boil 3 cups of water, sprinkle in a little salt, and add 1.5 cups of quinoa. Bring to a boil again, then cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is gone.
- Serving Size: 8