How to make a DIY anti-itch cream for fast bug bite relief using simple natural ingredients, including essential oils. It’s an easy natural remedy for mosquito bites and more.
- 1/3 cup Bentonite Clay
- 3 Tablespoons of witch hazel (this one is my favorite)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 7 drops peppermint essential oil
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- 7 drops tea tree (melaleuca) essential oil
- small glass or plastic storage container
- Start by adding 1/3 cup of bentonite clay to a medium sized mixing bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons on witch hazel
- Add 7 drops each of lavender, tea tree, and peppermint essential oils
- Mix well. Your lotion may be a bit lumpy, so I advise getting your hands dirty and squish it around to help get it smooth. You may also need to use a stainless steel mesh strainer and push the lotion through it to get it very smooth.
- Whenever you see a bug bite on your skin, add some of this lotion and let it dry on your skin. Re-apply as needed if it is still inflamed and itchy.
This will make about 1/2 cup of natural itch relief cream.