These make-ahead, on-the-go breakfast muffins are perfect for the whole family!
- 1 container flaky biscuits
- 1/2–3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4–1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup ham, cooked and chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Separate the biscuits and cut each biscuit in half. Press them into the bottom of greased muffin cups and up the sides. Sprinkle about a little cheese )about 1 tsp) in the bottom of each of the biscuits; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the onion and red pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion and red pepper is softened. Add the ham; mix. Then add the eggs (whisk them first) and cook until set, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the egg mixture between the muffin cups and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. You can add even more if you like it extra cheesy.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown on the edge.
Recipe adapted from Land O Lakes