These deliciously crunchy Paleo Chocolate Crunch Energy Bars provide an amazing energy boost!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey – preferably raw which has more health benefits
- 1/2 cup cacao power
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- a few drops of stevia tincture, optional (only if you need a little more sweet)
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a small sauce pan. Stir in the cacao powder until mixed in well. Next stir in the chia seeds and shredded coconut. Add the vanilla extract and stevia (optional) and stir.
- Line a 9×13″ pan with parchment paper or foil. Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth out. You should have just enough chocolate mixture to barely cover the bottom of the pan. This is fine – if it’s too thick, it’s very hard to cut later.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until hardened. Cut and enjoy.
- Store extras in the refrigerator – the coconut oil will cause it to melt if left out in a warm room.