You’ll never guess this satisfying creamy fall soup is Paleo friendly and so easy to make!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2–3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder*
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 butternut squash (about 2.5 lb) peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 3–4 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups chicken broth*
- 1 13.5oz can full fat coconut milk
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- Saute the onions, celery, carrots in the olive oil in a dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the spices; add the squash, potatoes, broth, and coconut milk; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until squash and potatoes are tender, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Puree in batches in a blender; rewarm if needed. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
*If I don’t have chicken broth on hand, I have used water and this recipe still tastes delicious!
*Add more or less curry powder depending on how spice you prefer it to be