These truly are the BEST gluten free chocolate chip cookies! Warm, gooey, and full of flavor, you will never miss the gluten.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, unsalted and softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 ¼ cup gluten-free flour (I use King Arthur’s cup for cup gluten-free flour)
2 cups chocolate chips
- Beat the softened butter until smooth.
- Next, add both the white and brown sugar. Make sure you pack the brown sugar tightly into the measuring cup.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, then continue mixing as you add the eggs step by step.
- Blend in the rest of the dry ingredients – baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Next, add the flour. You’ll want to add one cup at a time and blend in between each addition.
- Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips. Be prepared – the dough will be thick.
- Put the dough into your freezer and let it chill for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Use a large cookie scoop to drop balls of dough onto the baking sheet. Make sure to give them room to spread out!
- Bake the gluten free chocolate chip cookies at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes. Keep an eye on it towards the end—you want to pull them out when they are starting to turn golden brown.
If you are making extra-large cookies, the baking time will be closer to 14-17 minutes.
Don’t overbake. The key to a soft chewy cookie is to not overbake them. I recommend removing the cookies from the oven when the center is just set.