A divine treat for any white chocolate lover.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter (I prefer butter)
- 1 (12 oz) package white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sliced almond
- Heat the oven to 325° and grease and flour a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of white chocolate chips. Do not stir – just let it sit.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating at high speed until lemon-colored. Gently add the white chocolate chip mixture and mix on low speed. Add the flour, salt, and almond extract. Mix once again on low speed, just until combined.
- Spread half the mixture into the greased and floured pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Stir 1 cup of white chocolate chips into the remaining batter and set aside. Melt the raspberry jam in a small saucepan over low heat and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the melted raspberry jam over the crust (just removed from the oven.) Top with the remaining white chocolate batter, dropping spoonfuls over the raspberry jam. There will be some raspberry jam peeking through and that’s fine. Sprinkle with almonds and return to the oven, baking for an additional 25-35 minutes or until it tests done.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.