These Magic Cookie Bars with seven layers are a must-have Christmas cookie. A buttery graham cracker crust topped with chocolate and butterscotch are among other tasty ingredients, all melted together in a sweet gooey melt-in-your mouth bar.
- 1/2 (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cup graham crackers crumbs (about 8–9 graham crackers crushed. Use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (use Hershey’s if gluten-free)
- 1 cup shredded coconut*
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk (use Eagle for gluten-free)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and pour evenly into a 9x13x2” pan. (It will just barely cover the bottom.) Spread graham crackers crumbs over the butter. Sprinkle the butterscotch & chocolate chips over next. Then sprinkle the coconut and nuts on.
- Lastly, pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top, evenly covering everything.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
Keywords: Christmas cookies, Christmas dessert, magic cookie bars, gluten-free Christmas cookies