Most years, I’ve made dozens of Christmas cookies by this point, but not this year. I simply haven’t had the time.
Chances are you’re pretty busy too. That’s why I know you’ll love one of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes – Seven Layer Bars.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make – you just layer all the ingredients in a baking pan, then bake for 25-30 minutes. That’s it!
Best of all, Seven Layer Bars are mouthwateringly delicious with chewy chocolate, butterscotch, coconut, graham, and more. There’s seven layers so seven ingredients after all!
What you’ll need for Seven Layer Bars:
- 1/2 (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
*Note: if you don’t like coconut, just leave it out – no big deal! It will just be 6 Layer Bars!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter and pour in a 13x9x2″ pan. It should just cover the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle the 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over the graham layer.
Next, sprinkle on the coconut…
Lastly, pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over everything.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are just turning golden brown.
Cool your Seven Layer Bars completely (if you can resist waiting that long) and cut into bars.
And there you have it – quick and easy Seven Layer Bars!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and pour evenly into a 9x13x2” pan. (It will just barely cover the bottom.) Spread graham crackers crumbs over the butter. Sprinkle the butterscotch & chocolate chips over next. Then sprinkle the coconut and walnuts on.
- Lastly, pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top, evenly covering everything.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.