I’m always on the lookout for simple recipes that my family will enjoy, especially when it comes to dinner. I love to cook but there are many days when I don’t have an hour+ to prepare a meal.
With summer on the horizon and lots of family fun planned, I’ve been searching for quick and easy family dinners.
That’s when I found and adapted this Taco Pizza recipe.
With a cream cheese/sour cream “sauce” and spicy taco flavor, Taco Pizza is a great as an easy family dinner or a tasty appetizer.
Every time I make this, I can never be sure who loves it more – the kids or my husband; they all gobble it up and ask for more! (Okay, I should add me in there too – I’m a sucker for cream cheese!)
The best part is Taco Pizza can be made ahead of time (even the night before) and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat!
How to Make Taco Pizza:
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- cream cheese, softened
- sour cream
- ground beef or ground turkey
- taco seasoning mix or homemade taco seasoning
- medium tomato, chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded lettuce
*You can change the toppings to whatever you and your family prefer on your tacos! (Scroll down for the recipe with the printable version.)
Preheat the oven to 375° and pull out a large cookie sheet.
Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Don’t worry about it being perfect; you just don’t want any big gaps.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool.
Beat together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread.
Spread over the cooled crust.
Chill in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes, while you’re working on the next step.
Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain any grease. Stir in the taco seasoning and water (according to the package directions on the taco seasoning packet.)
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pull the cream cheese/crescent roll crust out of the refrigerator and sprinkle evenly with the ground beef.
You won’t completely cover the cream cheese layer with the ground beef; there’s plenty of other toppings so don’t worry.
Next, sprinkle with the lettuce and tomatoes…
…and finally add the cheese.
Cut into slices.
You can eat it with your hands. Because it is Taco Pizza after all!
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Tip: If you plan to make Taco Pizza the night before, I recommend waiting until just before serving before adding the lettuce, tomato, and cheese to prevent any sogginess.
Although, I have made this recipe in the morning (complete with all toppings and covered lightly with plastic wrap in the refrigerator) and it was perfectly fine hours later for dinner.
This family-favorite Taco Pizza recipe is perfect for hot summer days too since it can be made ahead of time. You could even bring it in a cooler for family outings.Print
An easy family dinner (you can even make it the night before) or a tasty appetizer. Kids love this recipe and the cream cheese/sour cream “sauce” and spicy taco flavor are a hit with adults too.
- 2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Use a whisk to remove any lumps. Spread over the cooled crust. (I let my crust cool for around 20 minutes.) Chill in the refrigerator.
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning packet and water, according to package directions. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the ground beef evenly over the cream cheese layer. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Cut into serving-size pieces and serve immediately or refrigerate.
Copyright © Living Well Mom. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, you may link back to this post for the recipe.