These toffee bars are everything I love about baking, all in one amazing package. Think of this as an ooey gooey toffee bar combined with the best chocolate chip cookie you’ve ever had. Fair warning, though, these bars are addictively good!
I love bars. I love cookies too, but sometimes I don’t have the time to go back and forth with all the cookie sheets in and out of the oven – and that’s when bars are great. But not all bars are as good as cookies. A lot of bar recipes taste like they are trying to be cookies, but they don’t quite make the mark.
Now this bar recipe? It can stand on its own two sticky ooey gooey feet.
I created this recipe for these chocolate chip toffee bars after some trial and error, and my whole family loves the result! In fact, so does everyone who has tried them!
I promise you, bake these, and they will go fast—and everyone will beg you for the recipe, too. 😉
These toffee bars are like chocolate chip cookies on steroids! The bar form makes this recipe quick and easy to make, while the toffee, white chocolate, and chocolate chips combo will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Thankfully, the ingredient list isn’t overly complicated or fussy. Here’s what you’ll need to have on hand:
- Butter – you’ll want it to be softened, so make sure you check out How to Soften Butter Quickly
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Toffee bits
How to make toffee bars
Start by preheating your oven to 350°
In a large mixing bowl, mix 1 stick of softened butter (if you forgot to pull out your butter ahead of time, soften it quickly with this super fast butter softening tip) until it’s nice and fluffy.
Add both the regular sugar and packed brown sugar, and mix.
Now add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix them together well.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this mixture slowly to the creamed one.
Yes, you could dump it in all at once, but you’ll wind up in a cloud of flour. But that’s up to you…
Mix it up well. It will be quite thick.
Then, add the chocolate chips…
..and white chocolate chips along with the toffee bits.
Doesn’t that look yummy? Fold it together with a spoon.
Spread the dough into a greased 9x13x2″ pan. It’s kinda sticky, so I used the back of a spoon dipped in flour to spread it out.
Lastly, sprinkle the remaining toffee bits evenly over the top.
Bake at 350º until the top begins to crack and is golden brown. Then, cool on a wire rack and cut into bars.
All that’s left is to bite into that ooey-gooey chocolatey toffee goodness and enjoy!
If you somehow manage to stop your family from devouring these bars right away, you can store them in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days.
You can also store them in the fridge, but they taste much better at room temperature. So I recommend keeping them on the counter!
More bars to bake
- Indulgent Cookie Dough Brownies
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust
- Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars
Ooey Gooey Toffee Bars
The bar form makes this recipe quick and easy while the toffee, white chocolate, and chocolate chips combo will satisfy any sweet tooth!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups white chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups toffee bits, divided
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs & vanilla; mix in well. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, white chocolate, and 1 cup of toffee bits.
- Spoon into a greased 9x13x2″ pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining toffee.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the top begins to crack and is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.