A healthy version of our favorite chocolate-and-peanut-butter-balls and so delicious, they’ll disappear just as quickly as the original!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup almond meal / flour
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Coating:
- Homemade version (cheaper):
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5+ drops stevia, optional
- 6 oz chocolate chips (dairy-free, soy-free)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Melt the coconut butter over low heat.
- Add all the ball ingredients, including the coconut butter, into a food processor. Pulse until combined, scraping the sides.
- (You can use a mixer, but the food processor is faster and results in a smoother dough.)
- Roll into small 1″ balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Stick a toothpick into each ball.
- For the Chocolate Coating:
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat then add the cacao powder and maple syrup. Add 5+ drops of stevia if you’d like a sweeter chocolate.
- Dip each almond butter ball into the chocolate using the toothpicks. Place in the refrigerator and chill for about an hour.
**One note: be aware that the homemade coconut-oil based chocolate coating is more prone to melting or softening than regular chocolate. You may want to keep your Paleo Buckeyes in the refrigerator. Ours were just fine in a sealed container in the cupboard though.