With no refined sugar, this simple chocolate protein balls recipe is a great way to enjoy a guilt-free chocolate fix.
- 1 cup gluten free steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)*
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons honey*
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- Add the ingredients into a food processor or mixing bowl. Process or mix until combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Enjoy right away or store in the refrigerator.
*For kid-approved chocolate snack balls, use peanut butter and add 1 or 2 tablespoons more honey.