- 1 pint Half and Half
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Rock Salt/Ice Cream Salt
- Toppings (chilled or frozen)
- 2 coffee cans – one large, one small enough to fit in the other
- duct tape
- In the smaller coffee can, mix your half and half with the sugar, followed by your desired toppings. Tape the lid on nice and tight.
- Stick the smaller can in your bigger can, and then nestle ice and salt layers around it. Follow with more tape.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes, then roll, toss, shake, or play a gentle game of soccer.
- Check for progress. If it’s done, dig in, but you might need to add more ice and rock salt and shake around for a little longer. Once your ice cream is the right consistency, enjoy it right away!