With flavorful spices, snow peas, coconut, jumbo shrimp, and more, this tasty dish is not your average crockpot meal.
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange), diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups converted white rice (there is an uncle bens original white rice- converted rice)
- 1 lb peeled deveined cooked jumbo shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup snow peas, cut into thin strips
- toasted coconut for garnish
- In a slow cooker, mix everything except snow peas, shrimp and toasted coconut. Stir once to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 and a half hours or until rice is just tender.
- Stir in shrimp and snow peas. Cover and cook 30 minutes on low. Serve topped with toasted coconut
- Serving Size: 6