With white chocolate and pretzels, this popcorn is the perfect sweet-and-salty snack!
- 5 cups popped popcorn*
- 1–2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening or coconut oil
- Cover a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper and spread the popcorn.
- Drop the pretzels evenly over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms next.
- Microwave the white chocolate chips and shortening in a bowl for about 1 minute. Stir, then microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring well each time, until the chocolate is completely melted. Or melt on low heat over the stove, stirring regularly.
- Drizzle half the chocolate over the popcorn mixture.
- Gently stir the popcorn a bit, spread again, and drizzle the remaining white chocolate.
- Serve immediately for a deliciously warm snack. Or let it sit out for about an hour to dry. (It’s less messy when the chocolate cools.)
*Note: plain popcorn works better than buttery popcorn for this recipe.