How to make easy DIY Christmas scented wax melts with essential oils – perfect homemade gifts! Includes 3 festive scents – peppermint mocha, Christmas tree, and eggnog latte.
- 3 cups of natural soy wax
- 1–3 blocks soy wax dye
- silicone molds
- 25-30 drops of essential oils – I recommend:
- Slow cooker and a slow cooker liner
- Wax warmer – this is the one I have
- 2-cup glass measuring cup for easy pouring
- Line your crockpot with a crockpot liner for easy clean-up. (Or use a large saucepan over the stove.)
- Add 3 cups natural soy wax pellets into your slow cooker or sauce pan.
- For the crockpot, melt on high for 20-30 minutes. For stovetop, melt on low-medium heat stirring often.
- Once the wax is melted, add 25-30 drops of your preferred essential oil blend.
- Add the soy wax dye and allow it to melt. Use 1/2 cube for soft muted colors or 1 cube, even 2 cubes for a bright bold color.
- Mix everything together.
- For the crockpot, remove the plastic liner with the melted wax mixture inside and place it into a glass measuring cup. For the stove, pour the mixture into a glass measuring cup (you can line it with a gallon ziploc bag for easier clean-up if you prefer.)
- Pour the melted wax mixture into your silicone molds.
- Cool for a few hours.
- Use in your wax warmer.
Tip: Because the essential oils are natural, the scent does not last as long as the synthetic fragrances do. You may want to add 2-4 extra drops of your desired essential oil blend to the warmer to renew the scent.