A quick and easy, hearty, delicious meal the whole family will love during the chilly fall (and winter) months.
- dash of olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (use frozen for faster prep)
- 1 onion, diced (use frozen diced onion for faster prep)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste (I use at least 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper)
- 1 (15 oz can) pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 (15 oz can) black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz can) pinto beans, drained
- 1 (28 oz can) diced tomatoes, not drained
- 3/4 to 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
Over medium heat, brown the meat with the pepper, onion, and cloves with the olive oil in a large pot. Add the spices (chili powder, cumin, onion powder, cinnamon, chipotle powder, salt, and pepper). Add the pumpkin, beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir well.
Simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until ready to eat.
Please note that all nutrition calculations are estimated and may vary depending on the brand, quantity, how accurate your measurement is, etc.
Keywords: chili, gluten-free dinner, one-pot dinner, dairy-free, gluten-free