These gluten-free snickerdoodles with a cinnamon-sugar coating have a soft chewy center and a crisp edge for a melt-in-your-mouth classic cookie that will bring back memories. This quick and easy cookie recipe is so yummy, you won’t guess they’re gluten-free.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 extra-large eggs or 3 regular eggs
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour with xanthan gum (I use King Arthur’s Measure for Measure gluten-free blend)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Beat the softened butter and shortening together in a large bowl. Mix in 1 1/2 cups sugar, then add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Lastly, stir in the flour, scraping the sides as needed.
- Roll the dough into 1-2″ balls.
- In a small separate bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 c. sugar and cinnamon.
- Drop the cookie balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place about 2″ apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Do not overbake or they won’t be as chewy.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Keywords: gluten-free Snickerdoodles, Christmas cookies, gluten-free cookies, cinnamon sugar