This DIY shaving cream takes just a few minutes to whip up and works beautifully!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Dr. Bronner’s castile soap
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. of cocoa butter or shea butter
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 10 drops essential oil – I use lemon, but you can use your favorite scent such as lavender, orange, etc.
- empty liquid soap dispenser (I cleaned and reused one I already had)
- small sauce pan
- Begin by melting the coconut oil and cocoa or Shea butter in a sauce pan over low heat on your stove.
- While this is melting, scoop the aloe vera into your blender. Add the castile soap and baking soda. Then pour in the melted coconut oil and shea/cocoa butter. Lastly add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Put the lid on your blender and blend for 2 minutes. Don’t skip time; you want to blend more even if it looks fully blended because of the coconut oil.
- When it’s finished, pour into a soap dispenser and you’re ready to use it!