Grilled shrimp skewers marinated in a perfectly seasoned lemon garlic marinade are perfect as a quick and easy meal after a busy summer day. Plus with an array of grilled seasonal vegetables, this is a healthy whole30 or paleo recipe.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and season with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper, olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice and ground ginger. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
- While shrimp is marinating, soak wooden skewers in water so they don’t burn on the grill. Begin assembling the skewers with vegetables in any arrangement you prefer. If you desire, sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the veggies, especially the zucchini. Allow for 4 shrimp per skewer.
- Heat your grill to low-medium heat or about 350 degrees.
- Place the skewers on the grill. Brush on leftover marinade for even more flavor (optional.) Cook for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until you see the development of nice grill marks and the vegetables are cooking through.
- At the same time, place the lemon halves, cut side down, on the grill as well. Remove from grill when the skewers are cooked through.
- Upon serving, squeeze the lemons over the skewers. Enjoy!
Optional: serve with rice or quinoa if you prefer some carbs.
Keywords: bbq, grill, shrimp skewers, kabobs, vegetable, lemon garlic marinade,