With mouth-watering spices, these Mini Apple Pies are a great way to enjoy apple pie on-the-go.
- 2 cups chopped, peeled apple (usually 2 large or 3 smaller apples)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pie crust pastry for 2 crusts (one double-crust)
- Mix the apples, brown sugar, raisins, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Roll the pie crust out and cut into 3-5” circles, depending on how large you want. Spoon about 1-2 Tablespoons (more or less, depending on the size) into the center of each circle. Fold over and seal edges with a fork. You can moisten with water if the pastry isn’t sticking together well.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 450º for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350º and bake for 5-10 minutes longer (depending on how larger your mini pies are.) For me, it’s usually 15 minutes total. They should look flaky and golden when done.
- Makes: 8-14 pies