These delightful Patriotic Cupcakes are easy to make and perfectly red-white-and-blue festive!
- 1 package (18 1/4 oz) white cake mix
- ingredients for the cake mix as listed on the box (usually eggs, water, vegetable oil)
- red and blue food coloring
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting or make your own
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Divide the batter into thirds and place in separate bowls. It will be approximately 1 and 1/3 cups in each bowl. Add red food coloring to one bowl, blue to another, and leave the third plain (white.) Mix.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 2 tablespoons red batter, 2 tablespoons plain batter, and 2 tablespoons blue batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx 20 minutes (or follow package directions.)
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with vanilla frosting, decorate with sprinkles.