This crowd-pleasing recipe is unbelievably easy to make and it’s so delicious, it will quickly become a favorite family dinner.
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 16 oz chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (grab our easy homemade taco seasoning recipe here!)
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12–18 tortilla wraps
- toppings – lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, sour cream, cheese, etc.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and season with half the taco seasoning. Turn over and season with the remaining taco seasoning. Add the salsa on top and cook on medium-high for 4 hours. (Alternatively, you could cook on low for 6-8 hours.)
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside. Add the cream cheese to the sauce in the slow cooker and cover. Shred the chicken with a fork (or simply toss in your mixer for even quicker shredding.) Stir in the cream cheese until well incorporated and add the chicken back. Cook for another 15-30 minutes.
- Serve on tortilla wraps with your favorite taco toppings.
- To make this dinner go farther, use less of the chicken mixture and more toppings on each tortilla wrap. (The kids won’t even notice and you might even have leftovers.)
- Serving Size: 6