This easy Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Stew recipe requires minimal prep and is so delicious and hearty with tender beef, tasty vegetables, and savory seasoning that even kids love it!
- 2–3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1” cubes
- 1–2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp basil
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp tapioca starch (flour)
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- Brown the beef stew in a dutch oven with the olive oil; drain.
- In the meantime, chop the vegetables.
- Put the sweet potatoes and onion in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the browned beef, then the celery, carrots, garlic, diced tomatoes, and 3 cups of the broth. Sprinkle the parsley, basil, salt, and pepper on top.
- In a measuring glass, add the remaining 1 cup of beef broth and mix with the tapioca starch. Whisk until blended, then pour over the top of the stew.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours or slow for 7-8 hours (depending on your slow cooker.)