This delicious Spaghetti Squash Sausage Quiche is so delicious, you’ll forget you ever craved “regular” quiche!
- spaghetti squash, about 2 pounds
- ¾ lb pork breakfast sausage
- 2 cups spinach
- 8–10 baby bella or shittake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tomato, sliced, optional
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half and cook in a 400 degree oven for 30-60 minutes or until it’s just tender. Remove from the oven and scoop out the seeds. Set aside.
- Cook the sausage in a frying pan until it’s no longer pink. Break it up as you cook it, like you would with ground beef. Add the spinach at the end and cook and stir until the greens are shriveled. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms and pepper with a little olive or coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the Italian seasoning.
- Shred the spaghetti squash with a fork so you have long (or not so long strands), then press into a lightly greased (with coconut oil) pie plate or 8×8″ square pan and up the sides so it becomes the “crust.”
- Pour the eggs over the spaghetti squash. Spoon the sausage mixture on, then top with the mushrooms/peppers.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees and cook for about 30 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Let it cool for about 15 minutes before serving, if you can resist!
Tip: Make this quiche the night before, store in the refrigerator, and simply pop in the oven the next morning for a warm, hearty breakfast!