These almond butter energy bites have a festive twist thanks to a blend of spices. These can be made in just minutes and make the perfect healthy snack!
- ½ cup almond flour, ground (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ cup pecan halves or chopped walnuts
- 2 scoops (or about 3 ½ tbsp) Orgain Organic Vanilla protein powder or your favorite protein powder (I have only tested this recipe with Orgain, the taste will vary with a different protein)*
- 4 Tbsp smooth almond butter with no sugar added (I use Barney’s with no added sugar* Barney’s tends to be more dry, if you use an almond butter with more liquid, you may need to use less honey)
- 4–5 Tbsp honey, local raw if possible
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients, including 4 tbsp honey, in a food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape the sides.
- You should be able to roll the mixture into balls. If it is too dry, add 1 more tbsp honey and blend again.
- Roll into about 24 quarter-sized balls.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
*This is not a sponsored post. I just love Orgain Organic Protein – it’s been my favorite protein powder for years. It tastes delicious and doesn’t have the junk found in other protein powders – it’s dairy-free, soy-free, vegan, and non-GMO. It has no refined sugar either, instead using stevia and erythritol.