You’ll love the flavorful honey sauce (no sugar!) combined with vegetables and shrimp for this quick and easy healthy dinner!
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 TBS red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water + 2 TBS
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- nonstick spray
- 15 ounces bean sprouts, drained
- 1⁄2 pound snap peas
- 1 onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 lb large or jumbo shrimp, deveined, shells removed and tails off – defrosted
- In a small sauce pot add honey, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, garlic, and 3⁄4 cup water; whisk well to combine. Heat over medium high heat, bringing to a quick bowl while whisking. Boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 2 TBS water. Lower heat on stove, pour cornstarch mixture into honey mixture, and whisk to combine. Bring back to a boil, stirring while it thickens. Cook about 30 seconds- 1 minute, or until thick (this should happen quickly). Remove from heat and set sauce aside.
- Spray a large skillet or wok with nonstick spray, then add bean sprouts, snap peas, onions, and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and water chestnuts, stir to combine. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- 4. Strain stir fry if it seems watery (if you use frozen shrimp, there may seem to be extra water), return to skillet. Add 1⁄2 cup of sweet chili sauce to stir fry, then toss to coat.
- Serve stir fry with extra sauce if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe is great served over rice or quinoa.
- Serving Size: 4