It’s easy to get stuck making the same meals over and over, right? And sometimes you just have to break out of that rut and try something new.
I’ve been on a new recipe kick for the past couple of months, mainly because I’m trying to move away from our frequent casserole dinners that are made with pasta (gluten) and all. So it’s been a lot of fun trying new meals with my family. Some new recipes have been hits, and others not so much.
One thing I always look for is recipes that are fairly quick and easy to make. I mean, who has time to spend hours in the kitchen?
When I can find a quick and easy dinner that’s delicious, healthy, and one the whole family loves I know I’ve got a winner.
If you’re looking for a delicious quick and easy meal that will taste like it came from an expensive restaurant, this Sweet Chili Asian Shrimp Stir Fry recipe is it.
You can’t go wrong with stir fry anyways – it’s so tasty and easy to make. And this shrimp stir fry recipe is amazing with the homemade honey sauce. Did I mention there’s no sugar in this dinner?
The sauce has honey, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, and garlic. It’s so so good.
And I love that this recipe makes enough sauce to have some extra on the side if you want.
Seriously. One of my favorite meals EVER.
You’ll love the flavorful honey sauce (no sugar!) combined with vegetables and shrimp for this quick and easy healthy dinner!
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 TBS red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water + 2 TBS
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- nonstick spray
- 15 ounces bean sprouts, drained
- 1⁄2 pound snap peas
- 1 onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 lb large or jumbo shrimp, deveined, shells removed and tails off – defrosted
- In a small sauce pot add honey, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, garlic, and 3⁄4 cup water; whisk well to combine. Heat over medium high heat, bringing to a quick bowl while whisking. Boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 2 TBS water. Lower heat on stove, pour cornstarch mixture into honey mixture, and whisk to combine. Bring back to a boil, stirring while it thickens. Cook about 30 seconds- 1 minute, or until thick (this should happen quickly). Remove from heat and set sauce aside.
- Spray a large skillet or wok with nonstick spray, then add bean sprouts, snap peas, onions, and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and water chestnuts, stir to combine. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- 4. Strain stir fry if it seems watery (if you use frozen shrimp, there may seem to be extra water), return to skillet. Add 1⁄2 cup of sweet chili sauce to stir fry, then toss to coat.
- Serve stir fry with extra sauce if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe is great served over rice or quinoa.
- Serving Size: 4