We love eggs for breakfast in our house, but sometimes it’s nice to get away from the usual scrambled or over-easy eggs. And that’s where this recipe for Protein Breakfast Muffins comes in.
With eggs, ham, cheese, and a little bit of red pepper, this protein-packed combo sits on a flaky biscuit, making it a perfect on-the-go hearty breakfast.
These Protein Breakfast Muffins are a hit with the whole family – kids and adults alike!
Nate usually makes the breakfast foods in our house and he can whip up a batch of these muffins quickly and easily. He says they’re “guy-cooking-approved” too.
Everyone loves them, even our littlest, Luke. These Protein Breakfast Muffins are a perfect, hearty breakfast for the whole family!
Even better, you can make these muffins ahead of time, freeze, then pop them in the microwave to cook!
- 1 container flaky biscuits
- ½-3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- ¼-1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup ham, cooked and chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Separate the biscuits and cut each biscuit in half. Press them into the bottom of greased muffin cups and up the sides. Sprinkle about a little cheese )about 1 tsp) in the bottom of each of the biscuits; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the onion and red pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion and red pepper is softened. Add the ham; mix. Then add the eggs (whisk them first) and cook until set, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the egg mixture between the muffin cups and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. You can add even more if you like it extra cheesy.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown on the edge.