This is the first year our family is gluten free so we’re doing things a little differently this Halloween. Even if your family doesn’t have dietary restrictions, you may wonder what other options there are besides just candy. A little candy may be fine for most children, but at Halloween there is just SO MUCH sugar! How do we get the kids to turn in the candy or choose something healthier?
Trade in some of that sugar for a few fun healthier options this Halloween. Here’s a list of 25+ Healthy Halloween Treats for kids that are both kid and mom-approved. And guess what? They are all gluten free!
25+ Healthy Halloween Treats for Kids
- Healthy Halloween Candy Corn Popsicles – these creamy coconut-and-fruit based treats are dairy and gluten free!
2. Kid DIY Banana Mummies (and “Things”) – these “mummies” look almost like marshmallows, but you won’t find any yucky high fructose corn syrup here!
3. Halloween Stuffed Cockroach Snacks – they may look gross (which is why they’re perfect for Halloween), but these “cockroaches” taste amazing!
4. Ginger-Coconut-Dark Chocolate Bark – this tasty chocolate bark definitely isn’t just for kids!
5. Spooky Fruit! – lots of ideas for turning fruit into Halloween decorations and snacks. Plus how to make Tangerine & Celery “Pumpkins”
6. Spider Cheeseball – this is such a spooky way to enjoy veggies!
7. Veggie Jack O’ Lantern – this pumpkin is almost too neat to eat. Almost!
8. Veggie Skeleton – this brilliant skeleton is a great way to get kids to eat veggies!
9. Healthy Halloween Food: Eyes Cubes – a genius way to add something spooky to a beverage.
10. Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups or Justin’s Snack Packs. These delicious treats are gluten free and so tasty, your kids (and you!) won’t even realize you’re making a better choice than the usual Halloween junk! Justin’s has dark, milk, and white chocolate, plus mini organic peanut butter cups. (<affiliate link.)
You can also find Justin’s Snack Packs – a convenient on-the-go options for enjoying Justin’s tasty nut butters. Our family loves Justin’s and will definitely be enjoying these as a healthier choice this Halloween. (Disclosure: I received a few samples of Justin’s products.)
11. Halloween Monster Mouths Recipe – it’s a good thing these monster “mouths” are easy to make, because kids will love this fun apples & peanut butter treat!
12.Boo-nanas – isn’t this clever banana treat one of the cutest you’ve seen?!
14. Healthy Halloween Treats: Creepy Carrot Fingers – there’s no sugar here, but kids will love these creepy fingers just the same!
15. Witch’s Broom Snacks for Halloween – just use gluten free pretzels for these “Witch’s Broom sticks” and you’ll be all set.
16. Snack-o-Lantern Fruit Cups – turn a regular ol’ snack into a fun pumpkin!
17.A Ghoulish Green Purple Sweet Potato Mug Cake – this gluten free, dairy free dessert is brilliant!
18.Healthy Halloween Food: Swamp Frog Eye Smoothie – kids will go wild over this cool smoothie!
19. Bloody Band Aid and Other Healthy Halloween Treats – there’s 6 great ways to turn normal snacks into spooky treats for Halloween. Wouldn’t your child love one of these in his or her lunch box?!
20. Halloween Grape Eyed Monster Pudding Cups – these grape monsters are super cool and if you wanted to go even healthier, skip the chocolate snack pack pudding.
21. Apple Ghosts: Easy and Healthy Halloween Treat – the creativity here is brilliant!
22. Healthy Halloween Snacks – Orange Fruit Pumpkins – kids will love making their own “pumpkins” out of oranges.
23. Healthy Halloween Snack: Witch Fingers – another fun carrot “finger” idea.
24. Pumpkin Pie Snack Bites – we love snackballs and here’s a terrific idea for a pumpkin version!
25. B&W Rice Balls – if you want something really unique, try these rice and seaweed balls.
26. Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies – this family favorite cookie recipe isn’t gluten free, but simply substitute your favorite GF flour and GF oats and you’re good to go. Kids can’t get enough of these delicious pumpkin cookies!