This festive cake is perfect for a holiday get together. It’s not too rich or sweet so it’s great for a lighter dessert, yet it looks so pretty!
- 1 package white cake mix (18.24 oz) or you can make your own white cake batter from scratch
- + ingredients for cake mix
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp red food coloring
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in extract, food coloring, and 1/2 cup crushed candies.
- Spoon 2 cups of remaining batter into a greased and floured 10″ fluted tube pan or bundt pan. Carefully top with peppermint batter; do not swirl. Top with remaining top batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies.