Do you want to build a snowman? Here is a fun mix and match snowman magnet craft that doesn’t involve getting cold and wet. In fact, it’s the perfect craft for a dreary, yucky day.
Enjoy all the fun and creativity of building a snowman without cold fingers and extra laundry! Even better, this craft allows continued indoor fun as your child later mixes and matches the pieces to make endless combinations of fun, pretty, or silly snowmen.
Snowman Magnet Craft
I’m Amanda, from Big Family Blessings, and I can’t wait to share this fun craft with you guys! Ready to get started? First, gather your supplies. This is one of my favorite types of crafting projects.
I get to pull out any miscellaneous odds and ends from our craft buckets and use them up! Anything goes: sequins, buttons, pompoms, miscellaneous foam stickers, beads.
- white foam
- googly eyes
- various colors of foam– black, orange, and any other colors you have on hand
- miscellaneous craft supplies for decorations- pompoms, sequins, buttons, felt scraps, beads, etc.
Learning While Creating the Snowman Magnet Craft
You’d be surprised how much learning is happening while they are busy crafting!
As your child works through understanding sets of 3s, they can start implementing their math skill. Challenge them to plan how many white circles they will need to make 4 sets of snowmen.
The whole process gets their little engineering minds working as the start building different snowman characters.
Sparking Creativity with a Magnet Craft
It’s amazing to watch our kiddo’s little minds at work as they not only use their imagination to craft all these characters, but also mix and match them to curate even more snowmen designs.
I hope you and your children enjoyed creating this fun magnetic mix and match snowman craft as much as we did. I surely can’t help but love such an easy, creative craft and with no snow (and very little cleanup) required!
Now, come visit me over at Big Family Blessings where you definitely won’t find any snow play, only a large family loving each other cozy inside… unless it’s warm and sunny, then we’ll be out playing!Print
Mix & Match Snowman Magnet Craft
Fun mix and match magnetic snowman craft that doesn’t involve cold, wet snow.
- Cut 3 circles from the white foam for each snowman.
- One circle for each snowman will remain undecorated. Set those circles aside.
- Decorate the snowman faces.
- And decorate the snowman bodies.
- Glue a magnet on the back of every white foam circle, including the plain circles you set aside earlier.
- Once the snowmen are all dry, enjoy mixing and matching to create fun and crazy snowmen!
Just pin it below to find the instructions later!