If you want a special treat for St Patrick’s Day, try these divinely tasty Frosted Butter Cookies. These soft cookies will melt in your mouth and the amazing buttercream frosting is out of this world good!
The light cookie complements the buttercream frosting perfectly. The only downside to these cookies? They don’t last long because everyone snaps them up so quickly!
This is the same recipe I used for my Frosted Valentine Butter Cookies. The recipe is so good that I knew I had to remake them for St Patrick’s Day!
These cookies are identical to the Valentine’s Day butter cookie recipe; the only difference is the frosting is green instead of pink. Easy enough!
This is such an easy recipe to make that your kids will love helping. The frosting part is always my kids’ favorite! They love to help me tint half of the frosting with green food color (use this brand for easy, beautiful colors). If you’re not inclined toward decorating, just frost half the cookies with green and the other half with white.
Even small children can help sprinkle with green sprinkles or green sugar crystals on their frosted butter cookies!
St Patty’s Frosted Butter Cookies
A delicious light cookie with a complementing buttercream makes a festive St Patty’s Day treat.
- Yield: 3 1x
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3–4 TB milk
- green food coloring (optional)
- sprinkles or sugar crystals
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Form dough into 1/2-1″ balls and placed on cookie sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, cream butter. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; it will be very stiff. Add 3-4 tablespoons of milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until spreading consistency is reached. Add food coloring to a portion or all of frosting if desired. Frost cookies.
- Calories: 6145
- Sugar: 626g
- Sodium: 745mg
- Fat: 285g
- Saturated Fat: 178g
- Unsaturated Fat: 87g
- Trans Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 875g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 43g
- Cholesterol: 922mg