If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you’re going to be in heaven with today’s recipe, Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcake with Peanut Butter Cup Frosting.
This recipe takes a simple chocolate cupcake and turns it into a mouthwatering dessert that’s hard to resist!
The cupcakes are moist with a delightful hazelnut flavor while the peanut butter frosting is made with cream cheese and topped with Reese’s peanut butter cups. Finally these Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cup Frosting are drizzled with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
The result is a chocolate and peanut butter lover’s dream cupcake!
Even though they look fancy, these cupcakes are actually quite easy to make. The cupcake recipe itself takes 10-15 minutes to whip up and the frosting is simple too.
Aren’t some of the best desserts the ones that taste like you’ve slaved in the kitchen for hours but in reality, it was very quick and simple? These Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes fall into that category.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cup Frosting
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp hazelnut extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- peanut butter cups
- about 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- For the cupcakes:
- Mix your flour, baking soda, coca and salt together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, blend together the butter, sugar, eggs, and hazelnut extract. Alternately add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with 1 cup of milk. Stir until no lumps remain, but don’t over mix.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners; fill 1/2-3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until tests done. Remove from the tins and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, whip the butter until nice and cream; then add the milk, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy and frosting consistency. You can add a little more milk if it’s too thick or a little more powdered sugar if it’s too thin.
- Frost the cupcakes and top with a peanut butter cup or two on each. Melt the
semi sweetchocolate chips and drizzle over the cupcakes.
Oh these sound delicious!!
These sound do good! Thanks for sharing!
Janine Huldie says
Wow, these sound amazing and coming from a peanut butter junkie, who can’t get enough peanut butter ever that is saying something. Definitely need to try these and thanks for sharing 🙂 🙂
Richard Hicks says
I bet these taste so good! WOuld make a nice little treat for the entire family and not too hard to make!
oh yes please! 🙂 loving this recipe!