These Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are so chewy, thick, and delicious, no one ever guesses they’re not ‘regular cookies! They’re deliciously spiced with cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg and chock full of raisins.
It’s hard to say who enjoys these yummy cookies more – the kids or mom and dad!
There are many tasty gluten-free oatmeal cookie recipes online, but it’s harder to find a good recipe that’s also dairy-free.
Because a couple of my kids need to avoid dairy, I ended up doing what I often do: spending a few hours in the kitchen creating my own recipe. It took me about 8 batches to perfect this Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe and we all love the result.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are just as easy to make as regular cookies and don’t require any fancy ingredients other than coconut oil, which you probably already have in your kitchen anyways. If you’re like me, you might even buy multiple large containers of coconut oil every month!
But anyways, these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are a great recipe to have your kids help you make. At the very least, they can add the raisins at the end. In fact, it was my kids who suggested adding extra raisins to this recipe and I didn’t see any reason why not.
How to Make Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Heat your oven to 350°.
Melt 1 cup of coconut oil, then mix it together with 1 cup of coconut sugar.
(If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can substitute brown sugar.)
Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 2 eggs, beating well after each addition.
Continue to stir and add 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
Add 1 and 1/4 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour).
If you use another gluten free flour mix without xanthan gum, you will want to add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum now as well. Add 1/4 cup arrowroot flour next (if you don’t have arrowroot flour, you can substitute cornstarch.)
Stir in 3 cups gluten-free oats (I prefer old-fashioned) and mix well.
Lastly, stir in 1 1/2 cups raisins.
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop onto a baking sheet about 2″ apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to turn brown. Remove the oven and cool on a wire rack. Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely or eat!
One batch makes 2-3 dozen Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.Print
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are so chewy, thick, and delicious, no one ever guesses they’re not ‘regular cookies!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2-3 dozen 1x
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar (substitute brown sugar if needed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF flour)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (omit if using a flour that contains it)
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour (substitute cornstarch if needed)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar together. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time and mixing well after each addition. Continue stirring and add in the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add the gluten-free flour and arrowroot flour and mix again. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop onto a baking sheet about 2” apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to turn brown. Remove the oven and cool on a wire rack. Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing.