If you’re looking for a hearty breakfast your family can grab and go, you’ll love this recipe for Zucchini Sausage Mini Quiches.
With eggs, sausage, zucchini, and cheese this Mini Quiche recipe is like a breakfast muffin and it’s so delicious, the whole family will love it! The kids won’t even know they’re eating vegetables (zucchini) either!
Zucchini Sausage Mini Quiches take about 20-30 minutes to make, with 20 minutes of bake time, but the best part is you can make a large batch and freeze the rest for later! A single batch of this breakfast recipe makes 24 muffins or “mini quiches,” enough to keep your family going all week.
Literally, you can grab one of these mini quiches out of the freezer, pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute and you’ve got a delicious homemade almost-instant breakfast to take with you!
I often double the batch because with six of us, even 2 dozen mini quiches doesn’t last long!
The other beautiful thing about this Zucchini Sausage Mini Quiche recipe is there’s not a lot of clean-up or prep work when you make it. One pan on the stove and a single bowl (or large glass measuring cup) is all you’ll need.
This breakfast recipe is also gluten-free because it only requires corn meal for the crust.
You can also substitute any of your favorite omelet ingredients for the zucchini and sausage if you want to try something new.
I hope your family enjoys these Zucchini Sausage Breakfast Quiches as much as my family does! It’s so delicious!Print
Zucchini Sausage Mini Quiches
These tasty mini quiches are perfect for making ahead and reheating later as a hearty on-the-go breakfast.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- 1 1/2 average size zucchini, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1.5 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 7 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the sausage and set aside.
- Spray non stick pan with cooking oil and add onion and zucchini. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Cook until the onions are transparent, stirring occasionally. While cooking combine cornmeal, baking powder, soda and 1/2 tsp salt in large mixing cup. Add buttermilk and eggs mix well. Stir in coconut oil, pepper and basil.
- Liberally spray 2 muffin tins (12 muffin each) with non-stick spray or use paper liners. Spoon sausage into each muffin hole, dividing evenly. Do the same with the zucchini and onion mixture, adding to top of sausage. Pour egg and cornmeal mixture over vegetables. Stop after pouring every other muffin to stir batter with whisk. If you do not, the cornmeal will settle in the bottom of the bowl, and only the last few muffins will have a cornmeal crust. Top each muffin with cheese.
- Bake in 350F for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before gently lifting them out of the muffin tin with a spoon.
- Enjoy right away or let cool and freeze for later use.
- You can pop a frozen mini quiche out of the freezer and right into the microwave for a fast, almost-instant hearty breakfast!
- Calories: 3270
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 7805mg
- Fat: 219g
- Saturated Fat: 85g
- Unsaturated Fat: 119g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 159g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 160g
- Cholesterol: 1722mg