If you’re anything like my family, you grill a lot of burgers and hot dogs throughout the summer, but that combo gets boring pretty quickly. So I love trying out new grilling recipes.
This Ginger Sesame Steak Kabobs recipe did not disappoint. With a simple homemade ginger marinade, you’ll love the tender, mouth-watering steak tips, and fresh grilled vegetables.
Ginger Sesame Steak Kabobs are marinated in a flavorful ginger sesame sauce and grilled to perfection. These kabobs are so tasty, they’re sure to become a favorite barbecue recipe.
I love how simple this recipe is. You just combine all the ingredients for the marinade, add the steak tips and let it marinade for at least one hour. (I usually start the steak tips marinating in the morning. It’s oh-so-good that way!)
And grilling is so easy – only about 10 minutes total, though the time will vary depending on how thick your steak cubes are. But it’s still quicker and more convenient than cooking a steak in the oven for sure!
Because steak isn’t cheap, we usually make this kind of recipe for the adults while the kids can still enjoy one of their (more affordable) favorites, like hotdogs. And of course, I grill extra veggies for the whole family – everyone loves grilled zucchini and summer squash!
Don’t you want to taste these Ginger Sesame Steak Kabobs? So good!
Ginger Sesame Steak Kabobs
Ginger Sesame Steak Kabobs are marinated in a flavorful ginger sesame sauce and grilled to perfection.
- Prep Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- For the marinade
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 TBS light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
For the kabobs
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch square chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch square chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch square chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1⁄2 inch slices
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1⁄2 inch slices
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 TBS sesame seeds
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients for marinade. Add steak cubes, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove and set aside.
- Heat grill over medium heat. Using large metal skewers (or wood soaked skewers), add steak, onion, green pepper, red pepper, zucchini, squash, and tomato, continuing with the same pattern until you have 4 cubes of steak on your skewer (the vegetables can be arranged however you want). Repeat for all skewers.
- Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with oil. Brush marinade over steak skewers, then place onto grill. Close grill, and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Turn skewers, brush with marinade, cook an addition 4-5 minutes. Check for doneness. Continue grilling a few more minutes if you like your meat well done. Remove from grill, sprinkle with sesame seeds, let rest 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Notes: The cook time is going to depend on how thick your meat is and grill temperature. Just check them to remove when cooked to your desired doneness.
- Serving Size: 4