With a hint of matcha green tea, this satisfying Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Bowl is both good for you and delicious! It’s packed with spinach, avocado, chia seeds, and more and can be made with or without your favorite protein powder. Plus the matcha green tea powder will give you a nice natural energy boost.
I absolutely adore matcha green tea and use it in many recipes, from my daily matcha green tea latte to my green tea energy balls. I even came up with a matcha green tea fudge recipe!
Matcha green tea is amazing because it can give you a nice boost of energy without the jittery feeling that comes from coffee.
I also love smoothie bowls so I’ve been experimenting with a matcha green tea smoothie bowl recipe and finally came up with the delicious version you’ll find here today.
Matcha green tea can be tricky to work with because it’s very bitter all by itself. But for any green tea lovers, myself included, we want to taste some of the flavor. So finding that right combination of some green tea without too much can be interesting.
That’s why it took me a few months of experimenting to come up with this Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Bowl recipe. But I found it and I hope you’ll love this recipe as much as I do!
Without further ado, here is how to make this Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Bowl:
Add 2 cups of spinach, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 teaspoon matcha green tea, 1 ripe avocado, 1/2 large or 1 small banana, and 1 tablespoon of almond or coconut milk (or your favorite milk) to a food processor.
Process and scrape the sides.
Add 1/2 to 1 more tablespoon of milk to thin the smoothie mixture to your preference.
At this point, I usually like to add 2 scoops of my favorite protein powder (I use Orgain) and my smoothie bowl is ready to eat.
If you choose not to add protein powder, you will probably want to add a little sweetener to offset the bitter matcha powder. I recommend 1/2-1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup and process again. Taste and add more sweetener if you prefer.
Spoon your Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Bowl mixture into a bowl…
…and top with your favorite fruit.
I prefer raspberries and blueberries myself.
Note: This recipe can serve two, though I usually eat it as one large serving for my lunch.
Enjoy your Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Bowl!Print
With a hint of matcha green tea, this satisfying Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Bowl is both good for you and delicious!
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp matcha green tea
- ½ large or 1 small banana
- 1 avocado, pitted and peel removed
- 1–2 Tbsp almond milk (start with 1 and add a little more if it’s too thick)
- ½–1 Tbsp honey, optional
- 1–2 scoops protein powder, optional
- Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, banana, etc. for topping
- Add the spinach, chia seeds, matcha green tea, 1 avocado, banana, and 1 Tbsp almond milk to your food processor bowl. Process and scrape sides as needed. Add ½-1 more tablespoon almond milk as needed.
- At this point, I usually add 2 scoops of my favorite protein powder and my matcha green tea smoothie bowl is ready to eat. If you choose not to add a protein powder, you will probably want to add a little sweetener because the matcha can be bitter. Add ½ to 1 Tbsp of honey (or more) to sweeten to your taste.
- Scoop into a bowl and top with raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, banana as you desire.